It’s that time of year, and we are so excited to be participating at the Family Physicians Conference. “The Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians exists to promote, support, and serve our members as they strive to improve the health of all Nebraskans.”
There are more than 1,200 members in the NAFP, which is only one chapter in the American Academy of Family Physicians (with more than 110,000 members).
Did you know that family physicians can care for about 90% of their patients’ problems? It’s because they’re so well trained.
So what does the NAFP do?
- “Advocating for cost effective, comprehensive quality health care for all Nebraskans and for the family physicians who serve them.”
- “Creating value to our current family physicians and promoting family medicine to students and residents.”
- “Providing relevant practice enhancement resources to assist family physicians in providing cost effective, comprehensive, quality health care for Nebraskans of all ages.”
- “Providing high quality continuing medical education in Nebraska.”
- “Maintaining a strong, sustainable Academy through effective Board composition and operation.”
Today, we have presentations like Lifestyle & Cardiovascular Disease, Treating Obesity in Adult Patients, and SGLT Inhibitors.
Tomorrow we go through DOT Training and discuss depression as well.
For more information, you can check out the Academy’s website.
And if you’re here. Stop by and say hi!